Monday, October 4, 2010

The Weekend

What a great weekend! First, I did not have to work, which despite keeping me occupied and making money, I enjoyed not having to work this past weekend. But my best friend and I were running around all over the place. First we went to Waukesha to witness the awesome wedding of Nick and Amy. Congrats!! Watching them be so happy despite the extreme stress of the day, was so exciting for me. I am very excited to get married. Which seems very womanly. Which also plays into my thoughts about how I feel like society wants me to become a successful professional woman. Doing stuff, taking names and kicking some butt. But in all reality, I really would love to stay at home and take care of my family. I wouldn't mind taking up a part time job so I can have some money for myself. But I feel like everyone in the world today seems to think if  woman wants that in life, she has failed. Which makes me sad. Do not get me wrong, I am all for women progressing in the professional world. I have a degree in Environmental Engineering. But I wish people would not look down upon men and women who want to raise a family and live a simple life.

But leading on past the amazing weddings (for another friend, Anissa, was married this weekend. Congrats!!) Sunday morning, I had a great breakfast with friends. Spinach, tomato, feta and scrambled eggs are delicious, fyi.  But I got my birthday present early...tickets to go see the GOO GOO DOLLS!!! I have listened to these talented men since I was in seventh grade. It was so amazing. Besides being my favorite band ever, the concert was also my first concert ever. I would like to thank the Goo Goo Dolls for making my first concert experience the best!

This weekend was a success. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment