Thursday, October 28, 2010

New Books!

I acquired two more books yesterday! Marion Zimmer Bradley's The Mists of Avalon and A.S. Byatt's The Children's Book. I am very excited to read these. Both are rather large books and both have cool covers. I have heard many great comments on The Mists of Avalon. I am excited to read the Arthurian book. It would be my first and that is always exciting, delving into new territory. :) The Children's Book has the hint of mystery and family disturbance all bound up with a nice bow. The back summary caught my attention, so I hope it lives up to the intrigue I have for it.

Meanwhile, as I resist to start reading both of these, Rebecca is amazing. I starting to break into new ground with the book. I started reading and got about 100 pages in before I was lead off on a new tangent. But the second Mrs. de Winter is so adorably in love and nervous. Mrs. Danvers is creepier then Alfred Hitchcock's version of Mrs. Danvers...And Maxim, Laurence Olivier is the only image I see when I think of Maxim. Sigh, I watched Rebecca yesterday on youtube and I am stunned every time I watch it.

I love books.

No comments:

Post a Comment