Sunday, October 24, 2010

Action, Adventure and Juan Cabrillo

Maybe because I am partial for the axed/wronged spy/government agent who wants do get back to his job/do the world some good with no strings attached at the moment, but the Clive Cussler Books of the Oregon Series are so much fun. I just finished Sacred Stone. The no strings attached adventures, the men and women who are smart and confident under pressure as well as a lead character who is awesome, suave and funny is really interesting to me at the moment. Juan Cabrillo is great, and I picture The Chairman as a Micheal Westen/Jeffery Donovan look alike despite the descriptions of him as a blue eyed, blond man with a mustache...I will admit it, Dark Haired men are more attractive to me. *Shrug* But Juan seems different than other action adventures...not much of a ladies man and bad things can happen to Juan. I mean he has a fake leg because the original was blown off when he was serving his country. The book deals with space meteors, space viruses, nuclear bombs and a crazy man who wants to destroy the Islamic Religion. I enjoy the plot and learned cool little tid bits about the holiest places of Islam structural and HVAC systems. Having studied environmental engineering and engaged to one mechanical engineer, it's so cool to read about those things. But the meteors and space virus was a pretty cool scifi aspect to the story. I enjoyed reading more about the difficult and delicate situation in the Middle East and trying to do the world some good to stop a crazy bad guy without starting WWIII...fully knowing nothing in real life could happen like what happened in the book. All in All, Cussler books are to Action Adventure as Nora Roberts is to Romance, which is awesome. I hope to keep reading more about Juan and the Oregon. Dirk Pitt is fun too. But on to Rebecca. Or to Hero's Story first...

No comments:

Post a Comment