Saturday, November 13, 2010

Gray Novemeber Days

Days such as these, gray, rainy, and cold are meant for wrapping up in a warm blanket with tea and/or coffee and escaping from reality into the realms of the imagination. Whether the realm is already written for you or of your own creation, it does not matter. I have let myself go and have written a couple more pages of a new story which I have thought of. But now I am realizing I need to think of how to make my main character more down trodden and hopelessly low on self esteem. Poor Alistair. Oh well, he'll soon meet Liam and be off to the land of Tserof. I hope at least.

I finished the amazing book Rebecca last week. Oh my, I love that book. I cannot believe I have not read it before now. It is amazing. Maxim is great. I really enjoyed his character and once he has told the second Mrs. de Winter about Rebecca how different a person he is to his wife. Also the critical 24 hours in which the second Mrs. de Winter grows up. Her thought process and devotion is mesmerizing. I want my fiancee to read this book to get a better hold of how women tend to take the littlest things out of proportion and blow them up and get themselves into a tisy. This would be the best book for that! ha!

I have moved on and found my next book I having been tempted to read. The Mists of Avalon. I'm on page 60 something and I really love Igraine. I do feel bad for Glorios but you cannot defeat or trick fate can you? So far I like the real person feel to the characters. These characters which at times can be so oversized based on the years and the deeds which they have done are very real life. I think they are at least. I enjoy the pagan/woman views of the events. I cannot wait to get farther into the story.

I will take a 7 hour break for work and then get to work on the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment