Saturday, September 25, 2010

Tserof

Sixteen years ago I started looking on the internet a lot. As any Middle School girl growing up in the late 90s, the internet, instant messaging and chat rooms were the place to be...at least for me. All my friends would run from the bus kicking up little bits of rock from their gravel driveway to beat their younger siblings to the computer so we had the ultimate computer usage before our parents came home and kicked us off until  they went to bed.

Within this massive waste of time chatting with random people from places I do not know or getting marriage proposals from men who cannot speak or type English well, I found an amazing website which opened a door into the vast world of fan fiction. My journey started with Anne of Green Gables. Using the Anne3 Forum, fan fics would sprout up daily from my computer. Some good, some not so good. How I wish I could have some of those old stories back. From solo fan fics I ventured into two author fan fics with a great friend I had in alie.

From then on, I found my passion for Lord of the Rings. I mean who does not like Lord of the Rings? I joined The Company. All members of the Anne3 Forum who loved Lord of the Rings. We had an on going fan fic about all of us in Middle Earth as a significant other to one of the characters in the vast world Tolkien had developed.

Now, at this moment in my writing journey I asked myself. How amazing is Tolkien? To develop a whole world on his own, in his mind. Then I asked myself, 'do you think you could do that?' And so my dabbling into the sphere of original writing began.

I started out with smaller four to five page stories, I even tried poetry. Putting the poetry up on the shelf, I began to write and so emerged Muse and Hero. Even fifteen years after Muse emerged from my thoughts, she still has no definite world or purpose. A very detailed idea of who she is and what she is to do, but nothing compared to Hero. Hero began as a great idea,  a different view of a fairy tale. Now 128 pages later, Hero is a real thing. Tserof is the home where Hero lives and a very amazing place which is the name sake for this blog.

Dreaming large dreams, I hope people will be able to enjoy Hero someday. But that may be a while. So now I head to bed to dream about Tserof where the Cliff Wizards live in their vast castle and people like Hero and Naomi. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment