Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Summer Reading

How amazing are books?

I've been a bit disappointed in myself for not reading more this summer but I did accomplish one book (Monte Cristo) that I have been reading for a long time. More on that in a bit, but here is my summer list:

Pacific Vortex by Clive Cussler
Plague Ship by Clive Cussler
Cottage Witchery by Ellen Dugan
The Count of Monte Cristo by Dumas
The Wiccaning by Sister Moon
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

Currently I am reading:
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle
Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom by Christiane Northrup, M.D.

So close your eyes and imagine yourself in the student center of UW-Platteville...sitting with Katie (everyone should have a friend like Katie. Katie = Amazing). Anyhoo, the great idea pops into your head about a book club. So you and Katie form Hannibal Livy Charlemagne Tully Book Club. A great cool idea with all the great possibilities of reading everything you couldn't get through without help from someone else!  Our first book: The Count of Monte Cristo. And so started my summer reading.

Rating the books I read this summer:
1.)The Count of Monte Cristo by Dumas
2.)Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
3.)The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
4.)Plague Ship by Clive Cussler
5.)Pacific Vortex by Clive Cussler
6.) Cottage Witchery by Ellen Dugan
7.)The Wiccaning by Sister Moon


Well today ends the summer of 2010, but that leads into the fall (best season ever) and another season of reading. Hopefully I can get through our next book club book (To Kill A Mockingbird) I have a lot to catch up on.

But it's time to end this little diatribe. Off to practice and help young runners achieve their greatness!

No comments:

Post a Comment